Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My New favorite Grocery Store


One of the things I was worried about, moving to the great land of cows, eggs, and bread, was that produce would be just absolutely terrible.
Of course I wasn't willing to trade the best locally grown produce for cheap eggs and Mrs. Baird's bread.

However, I was pleasantly surprised at NewFlower Farmers Market -- all their sale merchandise is locally grown/ made in Texas. (Or.. it seems like overstock/ stuff that's not selling well -- Ex: Kombucha on sale 2/$4-- I can imagine that's not the best seller at Ross/Henderson). The produce is consistently cheaper than anywhere else, WalMart included. The only downside (just like Henry's) is that it's not a one-stop-shop. None of America's favorites. No Lays Potato chips, No Stoffers Mac and Cheese and definitely No Tide Laundry detergent. But they do have Blue Bell :)


The one closest to me is at Ross and Henderson. But there's another one in Plano.
Check it out if you haven't already.

No comments: