Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blog Challenge: DAY 1

Introduce yourself, a recent picture and 15 interesting facts.


Name: Megan (Gorham) Pittman

Age: 24

Hometown: Laguna Hills, CA

Current Residence: Dallas, Texas


Daniel and I at our Wedding Oct. 10th, 2010

1. Last night was our third night sleeping on our brand new MemoryWorks mattress (Like TempurPedic... but with a Macy*s associate discount) I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm settled... I absolutely love it. I've already been awake for 2 hours and I'm thinking I might stay here all day. In those 2 hours, I finished 1 cup of coffee, the last 3 chapters of "Can You Keep A Secret?" By Sophie Kinsella (A little embarrassing, I know.. but Dan made me borrow it from the hotel we stayed at on our Honeymoon.. and I was determined to finish it.) This is relevant because I'm sort-of thinking that revealing 15 interesting facts is kind-of like revealing 15 little secrets.


2. We (my husband, Daniel, and I) just moved into our first house, a darling early 1900s pier and beam house, 1700sq feet, high ceilings, SMALL closets, hardwood floors throughout.. and I'm finding it surprisingly harder to decorate than I anticipated. I mean... I've been collecting inspiration for 10 years...


3. I'm currently employed by Macy*s department stores as a Fine Jewelry Sales Manager at the Town East Mall. Bottom line, the mall is somewhat ghetto, but the diamond business is fabulous enough to make up for the less than stellar salary (Not really) and I have built a truly wonderful team. I intend on making some serious alterations to my career after the 1st of the year.


4. Last year, for my birthday, my mom gave me a sewing matching and Daniel gave me lessons at a local shop. If I died tomorrow... on of my biggest regrets would be not using either.


5. My grandmother (mom's mom) had polio and was in a wheelchair all of my life. She passed away a little over 5 years ago (which was about 3 years later than anticipated) and I still find myself thinking about how much I miss her. Even more-so how much my mom must miss her and how special the bond between mother-daughter is. I secretly wouldn't mind having all girls.


6. Speaking of kids.. I'm conflicted when it comes to when.. now or later. I want them. 3, I think. Either way, I think about it all the time. I've definitely felt the instinctual twang in my belly for a baby.


7. I love making lists. To-Do lists, Shopping lists, wish lists. Crossing things off them is even better. Sometimes, I even add "done" things to the list.. just so I can have the pleasure and sense of accomplishment of crossing it off. (I get this from my grandfather (mom's dad).


8. I love blankets. I can't sit on the couch and watch a movie (or TV) without a blanket... even in the middle of summer.


9. I love to cook but can never seem to find the time. When I figure out #3 I'll make sure it allows for time for cooking/home improvement.


10. I haven't actually run a mile (on a track or treadmill) since the 8th grade. We talk about joining a gym all the time.. but again... never seem to find the time. Again, when I figure out #3...


11. I still can't believe that Daniel and I are homeowners!


12. We got married one month ago today (and as much as I think it's TOTALLY silly to measure anniversaries in months) I can't believe how fast it's flown by. Our wedding was more spectacular than I could have ever imagined or planned. I can't believe how perfectly it all came together. And as daunting as I'm finding the task of TY notes... I'm excited to communicate gratitude to all of our friends and family who got to share the day with us.


13. We will likely NEVER go back to Mexico.


14. Our top travel destinations (hopefully likely vacations in the next 2-3 years, definitely modest, not extravagant in any way-- because we're both way more motivated to find new (fulfilling) jobs... meaning lack of TOTAL financial stability) are: #1 Napa/ Nor Cal to do the wine/beer thing. #2 NYC #3 So-Cal Mountains (Big Bear), New Mexico or Colorado to go skiing.


15. I'm already formulating my New Years Resolutions (Yes, It's a list.)


No comments: