Monday, August 24, 2009

Style at Work

FALL FASHION AS STYLED BY MONICA ROSE

Via Lucky Magazine for an editorial on LA Fashion

Our company recently launched a new associate dress code entitled "STYLE AT WORK," in an attempt to encourage the expression of individual style while maintaining a uniform (read: all black) restriction. Policy now allows for sleeveless tops to be worn, as well as leggings and slightly (read: not OVERLY) embellished tops, etc. We've identified many key looks for Fall (read: 3Q/4Q) that aren't impossible to work in to the associate wardrobe within these restrictions. Still, I'm struggling to keep any sort of expression of my "STYLE AT WORK". Leggings with a tunic... yes, doable. But the boyfriend blazer? fierce booties? plaid? flannel? what's going on out there?

I'd love to do something like Geri Hirsch (Above) (fashion blogger of Because I'm Addicted) but my job isn't too look edgy and awesome.. it's to look professional (read: all black/ drab)

help.



3 comments:

DANIEL said...

Are the first three things in the next entry black enough?

chantal taryn said...

http://monicarosestylist.blogspot.com/

MMOGUU said...

ooohh yah I've seen her stuff... I still feel like it's too hard to make it translate to professional attire :(