Friday, July 31, 2009

Green.

It's hard enough to make a small space feel big... I can't imagine using smaller scale furniture to fill a giant room. What a challenge! I love this shorter sofa table flanked with two decorative side chairs against the sofa. Combo'd with those mirrors, this room has the perfect balance of symmetry, style, and combination of textures/colors.


I heard a very interesting segment on DIY farming and building your own greenhouse on NPR yesterday... got me thinking...
Wouldn't it be amazing to have a green house like this? Reminds me on the one my grandma had at their house in Kauffman, TX. Except it functioned mainly as an outdoor dining space. Would this greenhouse be amazing with a giant farmhouse table and benches down the center?

Again.. love all the indoor green. One of my first investments when we buy a house will be large house plants. They just make the space feel like an open, airy veranda... even in the hot texas heat.

No comments: