Monday, April 13, 2009

The Egg and I

I should probably utilize Yelp.com for this type of blog post but I felt the need to directly share my experience at this delightful little breakfast bistro. I'm a huge fan of the meal itself. To me.... breakfast and dinner have so much more potential than lunch. If I could only eat 2 meals a day.. I'd cut out lunch. In fact, I'd even eat breakfast twice a day over a lackluster meal that usually includes prefab meat or looks like rabbit feed. (I'm just kidding. I love salads -- And Jimmy Johns).

The Egg and I 15203 Knoll Trail Dr. (NW Corner of Arapaho and Montfort) in Addison, TX
469-375-0750

First impressions are everything and this quaint little retro-chic breakfast bistro certainly makes a lasting one. The hazelnut coffee, served with a genuine smile, alone says enough to keep me coming back. (They also offer a pretty great Colombian Roast for non-falavonoids)

I anticipated, OBVIOUSLY, a menu chock full of egg-entrees. And don't get me wrong.. there are MANY to choose from. Omlettes, frittatas, egg-crepes, etc. But it was the "Bananas Foster Waffle and Granola" that caught my eye:
this waffle... STAYS CRUNCHY until the last bite. Really, enough said, it was nothing short of AMAZING.
We went with a large group, with whom I am very close. Therefore, I 'm happy to say that I tried 6 things on the menu in my one visit. This was my favorite Egg dish:
very lite and fluffy. just perfect.
The menu is quite extensive. Also highly recommend: the "famous" 5-berry smoothie (our very French waiter had a had time pronouncing all 5 berries but he sure sold it) and the Whole Wheat Pancakes.

Here's a link to the full menu.
Definitely check it out. Oh and breakfast is served until 2! Pretty late in comparison to some other in-city options. Hours of Operation can be found on the website.

No comments: